[Seaside] Possibly dumb question - Seaside Blog package

Larry Gadallah lgadallah at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 07:01:43 UTC 2011

Hi all:

At the risk of wasting a lot of .st guru time: I'm interested in reviving
the SeasideBlog package from Squeaksource that was last worked on back in
2006, and after spending a good part of the day on it today, I'm finding
that Seaside 3.x seems to have left it behind, particularly in terms of
handling configuration. It seems to me that this blog is pretty
sophisticated, supporting Ajax, comments, etc. but it looks to me that there
are a lot of characteristics of the Seaside implementation that it relied
upon that have shifted out from under it.

As I'm a relative noob to Smalltalk and an even bigger noob w.r.t. Seaside,
I wonder if anyone could offer me any advice as to whether porting this
package forward to current-day Seaside is a reasonable quest or not?

Thanks,
--
Larry Gadallah, VE6VQ/W7                          lgadallah AT gmail DOT com
PGP Sig: 917E DDB7 C911 9EC1 0CD9  C06B 06C4 835F 0BB8 7336