[Seaside] Making a download page

AA aa at serendip.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 20 06:57:44 UTC 2011

Hi Avi, Ricardo

I found my error!  I'd set the file download directory to be in my home directory: '/home/me/downloads'.  But, of course, this absolute path isn't recognised as a valid URL by nginx, so (duh!) that's why it wouldn't work.  After moving '/downloads' to the root directory (and changing the permissions), it works fine.

I've also found it necessary to use 'attachmentWithFileName:', otherwise the web server assumes the content-disposition to be 'inline' rather than 'attached', and displays the file instead of saving it.

Avi, thanks for all your help!  Ricardo, have you managed to get your downloads working yet?

Amir