[Seaside] Seaside application deployment/migration/update

Sean Allen sean at monkeysnatchbanana.com
Wed May 4 00:20:59 UTC 2011

> An other problem for me is how do you deal with multiple environments ? I'm
> used to have a development, a staging and a production environment. In dev
> for example, I want to use S3 in staging and prod but not in dev. Is there
> any convention/approach in this field ?

We did development in a virtual machine that had dns setup to route external
services back on itself, for stuff like email etc.
With s3, we had it setup under our own domain and mapped over to s3 in
production. In development, it just mapped back
to an nginx server that would serve the assets as needed.