[Seaside] JQuery / GLASS(Seaside 2.8)

Nick Ager nick.ager at gmail.com
Wed May 11 09:34:51 UTC 2011

Hi Sebastian,

Hi, I need to know if It is possible to use JQuery within a Glass
> 1.0-beta.8.5 version (Seaside 2.8 ). Or, is it only available for Seaside
> 3.0?
> I want to use the JQuery lightbox widget in particular, I understand it's
> on JQuery-UI library.
> If it is possible, how should* I *proceed to use it?

You won't have any of the neat JQuery-Seaside integration with Seaside 2.8,
that Seaside 3.0 brought. So you'll be writing more Javascript and rolling
your own integration. Having said that IIRC someone might have created a
Seaside 2.8 JQuery package on SqueakSource - though the integration would be
very different from Seaside 3.0 JQuery integration

Nick