[Seaside] Submitting forms using Ajax

John McKeon p3anoman at gmail.com
Wed May 18 15:20:38 UTC 2011

Hello Stevie,
With regular Seaside components you want to use #serializeThis (I think
Scriptaculous has that selector?) in an onChange or similar event for those
components that you want to submit individually. This causes the callback
attached to the component to execute.

The trouble is that Magritte Seaside components don't know anything about
javascript. They don't render any javascript, so you have to create your own
components that will render the javascript AND render it based only on the
description(s) of your model. Not trivial.

I have had good (dare I say exceptional) results doing so with jQuery, but
it is not that simple a task (and it is not all that pretty - yet). If you
are daring you can look at
Magritte-JQueryWidgetBox<http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/@67UU8oH8i49c3_l6/0P-cK33_?54>

Hope this helps
John