[Seaside] Re: ESUG SummerTalk - Fuel, binary object serializer

Yanni Chiu yanni at rogers.com
Wed May 25 15:14:52 UTC 2011

On 24/05/11 4:39 PM, Martin Dias wrote:

> We really appreciate all kind of feedback and comments. If you want to
> try it, check in the website how to do it. It is extremely easy.

I had a brief look and will look some more. I may try to use it to
serialize a Pier kernel.

In another use case, I'd like to serialize from one image, and
deserialize in another image - under end user control. The issue here is
that "nasty" code could be introduced: e.g. capture the Fuel output,
deserialize, add nasty code, re-serialize, then send onward for import
to image. Would it be possible to have some sort of "virus" filter?
Maybe something like the Star Trek transporter that can filter out nasty
stuff before re-materializing. :) For a start, maybe an inclusion list
and/or an exclusion list of classes and globals would be useful.