[Seaside] Increasing the performances of a Seaside application

Olivier Auverlot olivier.auverlot at gmail.com
Thu May 26 13:29:20 UTC 2011

Hello,

In the next weeks, I hope that I will start my first application with
Seaside. The first version is ready. It's a set of REST web services.
Now, I'm doing differents stress tests for evaluating the charge that my
product can support.

I'm using Pharo 1.2.1, Seaside, Seaside-REST, SqueakDBX, LDAPlayer and
XML-Parser. For the connector, I use AJPPharoAdaptator for the link
between my program and Apache.

Have you ideas or good practices for optimising the performances of a
Seaside application ?

Of course, I can installing my application on differents servers and
made load balancing but I think that the first thing that I must improve
is the code himself.

Working faster with a database and a LDAP are the first problems that I
want resolve. Someone worked on the pools of connections ?

What are the errors that I must avoid making ?

It's a large subject but it could be benefit to share experience in the
search of performance.

Best regards
Olivier ;-)

www.auverlot.fr