[Seaside] WARegistry

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Fri May 27 16:00:55 UTC 2011

On 05/27/2011 01:13 AM, Julian Fitzell wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm playing with some ideas at the moment and someone asked whether we
> shouldn't get rid of WARegistry in the process. Are many people using
> or subclassing WARegistry? If you are, could you share what you're
> doing with it?

Never subclassed it directly, but subclass WAApplication plenty which is
itself a WARegistry subclass.  Usually I just want to get access to the
request at the main application entry point before a particular session
is invoked, a good example would be for rate limiting request using
memcached or handling a response not meant for a session like a server
heartbeat check from a load balancer or something.  Maybe responding
with a generated sitemap as well bypassing all the session machinery.

--
Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com