SIXX sixxIgnorableInstVarNames [WAS] Re: [Seaside] ESUG SummerTalk - Fuel, binary object serializer

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at
Sun May 29 13:28:57 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 9:55 AM, Runar Jordahl <runar.jordahl at>wrote:

> Interesting project. There are so many uses for object serializers.
> Personally I am looking at storing objects in NoSQL databases, and
> serializing them is an option that will work in a lot of cases. Using
> a serializer for copying objects is also useful.
> Does Fuel support “cutting off” instance variables, like SIXX’s
> Object>>sixxIgnorableInstVarNames ?
Runar, could you please tell us how that is done?
how such method looks like?

MyClass >> sixxIgnorableInstVarNames
^ #('age' 'blah')

Second, what happens are serialization time? SIXX puts a nil ? and at
materialization? when the object is created from the XML you get a nil in
those instVars ?

And of course, you implement

Objet >> sixxIgnorableInstVarNames
^ ()

Yes I know....I can take the code and look by myself...but not time now :(

I always thought SIXX