[Seaside] Which image for deployment?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon May 30 07:40:16 UTC 2011

> 1.2.2-12353)

That is a known problem (see
and http://www.iam.unibe.ch/pipermail/moose-dev/2011-May/008309.html).
Some configurations that the Seaside Metacello Configuration depens on
have been updated to Pharo 1.3 breaking all users of older versions of

I was told that the (Pharo?) Metacello configurations do not support
of Pharo (< 1.3) cannot load Seaside with Metacello anymore. There are
various solutions:

- Move to (unstable) Pharo 1.3, use a maybe broken Seaside, and load
the code easily with Metacello (this is what Pharo wants us to do)
- Fix the configurations of Pharo or write our own configurations (no
clue how that could be done)
- Stay with (stable) Pharo and use Gofer scripts (this is what I do,
works pretty reliable and painless)

In either case you should complain in the Pharo list, there is
something broken in the process. Personally, I am fedup with these
forced updates and will stick with Pharo 1.2 until there is a really
compelling reason to move forward.