[Seaside] Re: Handling errors - staging/production

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Tue May 31 18:09:25 UTC 2011

On 05/31/2011 10:47 AM, Sebastian Sastre wrote:
> for us monit was nice for quite a while but every now and then it kind
> of failed to shutdown some resilient unresponsive images. It seems that
> it relies too much in a gentle SIGTERM. And for most cases is actually
> okay but zombies aren't gentle. In practice you could end up with a
> unresponsive image that resist to shutdown for any reason but you need
> it to shutdown the bastard but the bish is ignoring your SIGTERMs so...
> you need to SIGKILL them :)

I'm not sure I'm following; monit doesn't kill anything, it just invokes
a kill script you give it.  Your kill script can do whatever you want,
SIGTERM, wait a bit, and SIGKILL if not dead yet, that's up to your kill
script.  What does this have anything to do with monit?

--
Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com