[Seaside] Re: Serving private static files

Nick Ager nick.ager at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 20:31:49 UTC 2011

Hi Francois,

> I've finally implemented a quite simple (and probably stupid) solution:
>
> Downloadable items have a specific url: "/private-stuff/<a specific
> token>".
>
> When one of those URL is hit, the session looks if the item is available
> for the user and serve the file (or throw a 404).
>
> It seems weird to me that the file is served by the session... Do you see
> a cleaner solution ?

Do you mean that Seaside server loads and serves the file?

You might like to look into X-Sendfile (though you'll need support from a
front-end server Apache/Nginx/lighttp...)

I have no direct experience of using X-SendFile, but I believe others on
the list have used it successfully and there is support in the latest
versions of WAFileLibrary.
(http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=637)

Nick