[Seaside] Static serving of jQuery and related files - reg.

Malte Grunwald malte.grunwald at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 7 14:09:50 UTC 2011

Hey everybody,

i found this old topic and  i have a similar problem.
I am using the Apache and configurated the Server as described in the
Seaside book, with the virtual host and all that stuff.
But my problem is, i do not really get the section with serving static
files.

Here an example:

I have a login component, with a jpeg logo.
Until now  i displayed the logo over the image, with a file library, but
it is too slow.
Now i use the current vhosts config:

<VirtualHost *>

     ProxyPreserveHost On
     ServerName www.exmaple.eu

     DocumentRoot "D:/Server/Apache/myApp/web"
<Directory D:/Server/Apache/myApp/web>
         Order deny,allow
         Allow from all
</Directory>
   RewriteEngine On
     RewriteCond  %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
   RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://localhost:6060/myApp/$1 [proxy,last]

</VirtualHost>

My Question is, how do i connect my image with the external content?

At the moment my mehtod looks like this:

/renderLogo: html width: aWidth

     (html image)
         altText: 'Logo';
         width: aWidth;
         url: (FileLibraryWf urlOf: #logoJpeg)/

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but i thought about it very much and
do not find a solution.

Thank you very much!

Malte

Hi,

http://pastie.org/488614  is an apache vhost config I have.  The basic
idea is that you put your static resources in some dir and set the
webserver to serve out of there, and then use your server's mod_proxy
to check each request path and serve the file if one's there or proxy
it to seaside if there's no file there.  I haven't done it with
seaside/nginx but you can google for rails/nginx setups because they
work the same way.

Pat

>/  Hi All!
/>/
/>/  I would like to move jQuery and related files out of the image have them
/>/  served directly by Nginx. How do I go about doing that?
/>/
/>/  Thanks in advance.
/>/
/>/  Muthu