[Seaside] multiple piers on the same image with apache

mail list mail.list at ficonab.com
Wed Nov 9 01:00:22 UTC 2011

My comments inline.  Thanks for your feedback and thoughts.

Lukas wrote:

It is certainly possible, but not recommended and not supported out of the box.

You need to make sure that the persistence mechanisms between the
instances do not mess with each other.
SCOTT- I had set up different pier kernals for each instance.

Also you probably want to keep the static files separately.

> I even tried running the differnt piers on different ports  (eg pier 1 8080, pier 2 8081 pier 3 8082) but this bombed out due to the default application setting in the config section..

Why? What happened?
SCOTT- This was different piers on different ports in the same image.    eg in the apache config for domain1.com  i would point to localhost:8080/pier1 and for domain2.com it would ponts to localhost:8081/pier2.  Both 8081 and 8080 were on the same image but different piers

I will continue to explore the issue and feedback if i can get it to run.  I just wanted one image serving the piers since it would be less maintenance and less resources on myserver.

On seasidehosting.st for example, many hundred Pier images run in
parallel on different ports ...
SCOTT- This is my current configuration. One image for one domain.

Lukas

Message: 3