[Seaside] Pharo-1.3-13315-OneClick crashing

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Thu Nov 17 06:30:00 UTC 2011

Marten,

On 17 Nov 2011, at 00:05, Marten Feldtmann wrote:

> I posted some info how to crash the newest Pharo with Seaside under heavy traffic.
> Just do not know, where to leave that information:
>

> http://schrievkrom.wordpress.com/2011/11/16/stress-test-for-seaside/

I already saw your blog post about this and thought of leaving a comment.

It is tempting and seems to make sense to do this kind of benchmark or load testing. I have been there myself.

However, benchmarking Seaside is difficult (you are essentially testing session creation speed).
Actual performance depends on many factors such as the adaptor, image, vm and OS being used.

Please search the Seaside and/or Pharo mailing lists for more information.

You have to believe that it is possible to get good real life production performance, it is sometimes just a bit more difficult than starting an image and hitting it hard.

Sven