[Seaside] Pharo-1.3-13315-OneClick crashing

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 18:46:58 UTC 2011

Am Donnerstag, 17. November 2011 schrieb Sven Van Caekenberghe <
sven at beta9.be>:
> Marten,
>
> On 17 Nov 2011, at 00:05, Marten Feldtmann wrote:
>
>> I posted some info how to crash the newest Pharo with Seaside under
heavy traffic.
>> Just do not know, where to leave that information:
>>

>> http://schrievkrom.wordpress.com/2011/11/16/stress-test-for-seaside/
>
> I already saw your blog post about this and thought of leaving a comment.
>
> It is tempting and seems to make sense to do this kind of benchmark or
load testing. I have been there myself.

> However, benchmarking Seaside is difficult (you are essentially testing
session creation speed).
> Actual performance depends on many factors such as the adaptor, image, vm
and OS being used.

> Please search the Seaside and/or Pharo mailing lists for more information.
>
> You have to believe that it is possible to get good real life production
performance, it is sometimes just a bit more difficult than starting an
image and hitting it hard.

There's the Seaside-Benchmark package which has different test for
stressing the adapters and the rendering canvas. While not close to real
world they help to stress the code.

Philippe