[Seaside] Seaside redirects, really?

Sebastian Sastre sebastian at flowingconcept.com
Sun Oct 2 21:08:04 UTC 2011

On Oct 2, 2011, at 11:58 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> To change it globally on can subclass (or patch)
> WAActionPhaseContinuation>>#shouldRedirect to answer false. This
> likely breaks the most simple Seaside application though.

so... expecting to see planes, bridges and buildings suddenly falling apart I've hacked WAActionPhaseContinuation>>#shouldRedirect to return false.

Result?

I have stuff working just right here.

Not only that...

this isn't scientific or anything, but by the preliminary numbers I'm seeing here when getting rid of the redirect makes things about 20-40% more responsive

so...

anybody want to share results?

sebastian

o/

PD: in the hacked image the app has the url wrong because #updateUrl: uses the redirect. But that sounds pretty fixable to me. That if we are willing to try hard enough and we don't use that as a lame justification of crazy engineering