[Seaside] Seaside redirects, really?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 05:23:19 UTC 2011

>> I get a sense you may have misunderstood the purpose of redirect in the
>> first place, it's not there for fun and giggles ;)
>
> mm...
> wonder why could that matter if we can prove that:
> 1. we can live without it and

Millions of web applications have been written without programmatic
HTML generation, without callback-based request handling, without
embedded components, and without a modal session model; and still we
decided to do it different. Similarly the redirects serve a well
thought purpose. If you think these design decisions are not worth to
paying for, you are probably better off using something else.

> 2. seaside apps suffer less from latency when you don't use them?

It is funny, that in the past 10 years nobody ever complained about
that; and now that everybody is doing AJAX anyway this does not matter
anymore (Seaside automatically avoids the redirect for AJAX calls).

Lukas

> sebastian
> o/

Lukas Renggli