[Seaside] Seaside redirects, really?

Sebastian Sastre sebastian at flowingconcept.com
Mon Oct 3 19:15:38 UTC 2011

On Oct 2, 2011, at 4:12 AM, Jon Paynter wrote:

> Well ive never run into any problems with the redirects.
>
> But speedups are always good.  What would you suggest to fix them?

I suggest to start treating things like any experiment, start with a proof of concept.

In practical terms, that would mean to make an heretic and shameless hack that patches all it needs in order to:
1. get rid of the redirect for every possible case
2. fix #updateUrl: so it's made without counting with redirects
3. see how it feels (measure load/latency)
4. publish results comparing regular vs. hacked

sebastian

o/