[Seaside] Seaside redirects, really?

Sebastian Sastre sebastian at flowingconcept.com
Mon Oct 3 20:57:43 UTC 2011

On Oct 3, 2011, at 5:46 PM, Pat Maddox wrote:

>>> Decouple the callback processing from the rendering.
>>
>> Thus ensuring that (a) hitting refresh doesn't re-trigger an action
>> and (b) you don't get the browser dialog asking if you want to
>> resubmit form data when you hit the Back button.
>
> Seems like this ought to be easily doable with a boolean somewhere. Did we run the callbacks for continuation asdfa123? If so, don't run them. No redirect necessary, no double callbacks being run on refresh. Still have the "do you want to resubmit this form" alert, but I've never been concerned about that and don't particularly understand why people are.
>
> Pat

exactly. Consumable actions.

That can get it done.

And about the dialog: your app should run on SSL anyway so is not about security. It's about usability because it's based on the assumption that it annoys the user. That could or could not be an issue, that depends on the app and the audience way more than on the framework.

But even so, it sounds that:
1. it was a byproduct of the design decision more than anything.
2. it's workable too

sebastian

o/