[Seaside] Seaside redirects, really?

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Wed Oct 5 17:01:51 UTC 2011

Sebastian,

If you want the absolute fastest performance, write a read only application and serve up static pages:)

If you do anything else, you will compromise your performance.

Presumably the trade offs that you make along the way are worth it.

Even in the single request model, there is a boat load of session state being saved by Seaside and that session state is a burden on the garbage collector and impacts performance ...

If you use a framework like Seaside-REST you can avoid saving session-state altogether, but then you are responsible for managing "session state" yourself ...

There is definite value in knowing that one can arrange skipping the redirect, but it is an application-level decision whether or not the trade-off is worth it or not.

Dale