[Seaside] Playing audio from Seaside, broken?

John McKeon p3anoman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 02:50:08 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 10:04 PM, Lawrence Kellogg <mac.hive at me.com> wrote:

> Thanks, John, interesting. I was in Safari. I'll try again.
>
> In, IE8, what does "not so much" mean? ;-) Does it play?

It means IE8 does not support the audio tag.

Add a with: message to your audio tag render code:
   with: 'this browser does not support the audio tag'.
It should render that string if <audio> is unsupported.

How are people playing back sound files? Maybe that's the question
> I should be asking. What if I record to CAF. Do I have to convert
> everything
> to MP3?

Dunno, Youtube uses the embed tag. I've used the object tag for an IE
plugin.