[Seaside] Re: Q on Periodical

squeakman squeakman at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 19:57:18 UTC 2011

On 09/10/2011 2:37 PM, Bob Arning wrote:
> I'm not sure why you want to create the periodical before you need it to
> run

Hi Bob,

I have a "Play" button that when hit will display a series of images one
per x seconds.  I want to use the periodical to trigger a new image
every x seconds.

I want to do this using Ajax - when the "Play" button is hit I have an
Ajax callback that on the first invocation, sets up the Periodical.  My
problem is that I cannot figure out how to setup the periodical in an
Ajax callback.

Because I cannot figure out how to start the Periodical in an Ajax
callback, my "solution" was to setup the Periodical in my
renderContentOn: and immediately stop it.  Later when the "Play" button
is hit, I start the Periodical.

I hope that explains what I am up to.

I do appreciate your help, thanks.

Cheers,