[Seaside] Re: Q on Periodical

squeakman squeakman at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 20:09:46 UTC 2011

On 09/10/2011 2:19 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Please check the method comment of the method:
>
>    PTUpdater>>evalScripts: aBoolean
>        "This determines whether<script>  elements in the response text
> are evaluated or not. The default implementation of Prototypes does
> not evaluate script, however this implementation changes this odd
> behavior."

I did read this before posting and I was not sure how to interpret the
comments.  I interpreted

    "however this implementation changes this odd behavior"

as stating that the current implementation overcomes the default "odd
behaviour".

Your explanation helped me a lot, thanks.

I have to admit that I am still a bit confused about when one would use
evalScripts: false - it seems as if it does nothing. Same argument for
evalJs: false.

Obviously I am still struggling to understanding.

Thanks,
Frank