[Seaside] Redirecting to an error page etc., if an exception is caught using WAListenerAdapter

John Toohey jt at parspro.com
Tue Oct 11 13:02:24 UTC 2011

If I don't use that adapter then I cannot use Comet. I thought ST
exceptions were raised before any stack unwind, so why has the stream
been committed before the exception fires? Is the only solution to let
the browser hang, and have the user refresh?

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 03:10, Philippe Marschall
<philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/10/11 John Toohey <jt at parspro.com>:
>> Hi,
>> I'm trapping all my apps exceptions in a custom exception handler, and
>> would like to 1) redirect to an error page, or 2) emit custom HTML
>> into the stream. However when an exception is raised and my handler is
>> called, the WAStreamResponse is already committed, so I cannot do
>> anything with it. Is there an easy solution to this problem?
>
> There is no solution to this problem. You can't put on no safety belts
> but still have them on in case of accidents. If you don't like this
> behavior, don't use WAListenerAdapter.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

~JT