[Seaside] Seaside on EC2 Amazon Service

Lawrence Kellogg mac.hive at me.com
Tue Oct 18 15:59:53 UTC 2011

On Oct 18, 2011, at 10:38 AM, Nick Ager wrote:

>    Ok, so I've installed vsftpd, opened port 21 in the security group, and have managed to ftp files to the instance.
> I'm in the middle of upgrading Glass and Seaside and will hopefully be able to report success fairly soon.
>
> Why not use sftp [1]. you don't need to open any new ports to use it  (it uses ssh), or install any new software
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSH_File_Transfer_Protocol

  Yes, your way is better and works for me. Should I change the password for seasideuser?

  I'm so close to having it working.

After doing this:

Gofer project load: 'Seaside30' group: 'ALL'.
Gofer project load: 'Pier2'.
Gofer project load: 'PierAddOns2' group: 'ALL'.

WAGemStoneRunSeasideGems default
	name: 'FastCGI';
	adaptorClass: WAFastCGIAdaptor;
	ports: #(9001 9002 9003).
WAGemStoneRunSeasideGems restartGems.

I hit the web server and get the 50x error file I had created.

I just noticed that the Seaside classes are not loaded even though it takes forever to
come back from the Gofer command, so I am puzzled about what I am doing wrong....

Larry