[Seaside] cancelButton using WAButtonTag

keropotter keropotter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 19:12:14 UTC 2011

Hi!! I'm developping an application using JQuery decorations, where the
buttons have icons.

I have one button inside a form that's suposed to execute a Task, but I wish
NOT to submit the form by pressing that button given that I do a series of
validations on every input callback. So if the form submits, it fails
because of the validations. I've tried using a #cancelButton but
unfortunately it generates a <input type="button" ...> which doesn't support
JQuery's .button icon styling (which I need in order to keep the layout of
the page)

Is there any way to achieve the same behaviour of cancelButton by using an
ordinary button?

I've tried using a #button bePush; and invoking a callback via ajax, but
that ajax callback doesn't execute the button's callback, where I'm making a
#call: to a WATask. Here's a piece of code for that purpose:

	aCanvas button
		bePush;
		callback: [ self call: MyTask new ];
		script: (aCanvas jQuery this button primaryIcon: 'ui-icon-plus');
		onClick: "I think here I should execute the button's callback"
		with: 'Execute Task'.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Many thanks in advance!!
Alejandro