[Seaside] Zinc - Twitter - Streaming API - Long lived connections

Davorin Rusevljan davorin.rusevljan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 08:55:21 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <sven at beta9.be>wrote:

> Davorin,
>
> > Can Zinc do that? (or some other HTTP Client)
>
> I had a very quick look at the Twitter Streaming API. It's interesting and
> challenging at the same time.
>
> Zinc HTTP Components is a foremost a framework to deal with HTTP, with a
> functional client and server on top of that. Out of the box, the requested
> use case is not supported. But it should not be too difficult to write some
> loop that keeps on consuming responses and to deal with them in a streaming
> fashion.

Is there a place where Zinc related questions can be raised and discusssed,
or this is right group? I might have many more Zinc questions cooking up :)
?

> Also note that you will need OAuth support, which is also a challenge (not
> provided out of the box, although some people have been working on it).

I will double check, but for the part of the Streaming api that I might need
(there are 3 parts of that api), basic http authentication seems to be still
supported. But ieven if not so, CloudFork demo page seems to be able to
connect to twitter through OAuth1a

Thanks!

Davorin Rusevljan
http://www.cloud208.com/