[Seaside] Zinc - Twitter - Streaming API - Long lived connections

Davorin Rusevljan davorin.rusevljan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 11:43:12 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 1:07 PM, radoslav hodnicak <rh at 4096.sk> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > when i worked on it, there was no Zinc yet, so i had to implement a
> > bit simplified HTTP protocol
> > (enough for using with CouchDB) by own over plain socket connection.
>
> Does the json parser support streaming? I have some big couchdb
> results to work with and so far they fit into the memory, but they
> might not always do that.

How would you interface to such json parser? I mean how would it partition
result into smaller chunks that it can return to you? Probably it would fire
event for each subnode parsed, but I doubt current parsers are equiped with
that.

Maybe refined map-reduce functions on the couchdb server could help avoid
such large jsons?

Davorin Rusevljan
http://www.cloud208.com/