[Seaside] Serving private static files

Francois Stephany tulipe.moutarde at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 19:53:42 UTC 2011

Hi list,

I want to serve private static file from disk with Seaside. By private,
I mean that only logged-in users can access those files. Users would
only see the files they have the permission to see/download.

What's the best solution to achieve this ? I see two directions:

- embed something like WAExternalFileLibrary, access the session and
serving the files through Seaside.
- store the files on S3 and generate an url with a token, only active
during a given amount of time. The files would be in a private bucket.

Have you ever encountered that use case ? What would you recommend ?

Cheers,
Francois