[Seaside] Seaside's architecture

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 09:00:55 UTC 2011

2011/9/3 Larry White <ljw1001 at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
> Does anyone know of any architecture documentation for seaside?

The best is probably Julians presentation at ESUG in Amsterdam [1].
Maybe you can find a video somewhere.

> I'm going
> through the code but if there are published papers on the architecture it
> would probably help me understand more fully.

I'm not sure. The stuff that you should use
(WAComponent/WARenderCanvas) is pretty well documented. The stuff that
you shouldn't use (implementation classes) is not so well documented.
Understanding those may not help so much because they may change from
release to release.

> It seems like their should be
> papers because it's so novel and so good.

No.

 [1] http://esug.org/data/ESUG2008/Thursday/ESUG_2008_-_Seaside_Evolution.pdf

Cheers
Philippe