[Seaside] canvas translator & new version of Seafox

Nick Ager nick.ager at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 06:02:16 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've been working on an html -> canvas translator. Have a look at:
http://seafox.seasidehosting.st and click on "Canvas translator". Then in
another browser tab bring up your favourite web page (e.g.
http://www.seaside.st/) highlight a section and copy. Then return to the
"Canvas Translator" and paste into the text box below the default "Rendered
html" tab. Be amazed as the html is automatically translated into Seaside
canvas rendering methods. All the tabbed views are editable and you can
switch between them, allowing you to edit in one and see the translation in
another. For example try editing some raw html and flip to the canvas view
to see the translation to canvas methods.

The translator is based on the parser I created for the Seafox Firefox
plug-in. You can download a new version of the plug-in. Improvements
include:

* Code formatting better conforms to Seaside's coding conventions.
* The plug-in now creates an editable syntax highlighted translation (if the
translation isn't highlighted by again - there's an occasional weird
first-time only bug)
* There's a small test-suite for the parser

You can load the code into your Seaside image with:

Gofer it
squeaksource: 'Seafox';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfSeafox';
  load.
(ConfigurationOfSeafox project version: '0.2-baseline') load.

Note: I've tested mainly on the Mac in Safari. I'd be interested to hear
different platform browser combinations work.

Nick