[Seaside] Fwd: seaside Digest, Vol 105, Issue 11

Nick Ager nick.ager at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 12:45:49 UTC 2011

> This could help ease the acceptance of Seaside in some commercial
> environments as it should make it easier to add html from designers' files
> into Seaside html code. In the absence of a tool like this it might appear
> that template file technologies, like ASP.Net and RoR, provide a much more
> natural way to do this.

Exactly my motivation for building it was:
1) Make the canvas API more approachable for developers who know html -
"what's the Seaside equivalent for <xxxx> </xxxx>"
2) Ease the designer -> developer workflow.
3) Eliminate one of the arguments against using Seaside from developers who
are used to template based frameworks.

There's a presentation I gave in Barcelona, at last year's ESUG -
http://www.slideshare.net/nickager/seafox - it's a little out of date and
focuses on the firefox plug-in rather than the online translator, but
provides some background.

Nick