[Seaside] client side programming

Milan Mimica milan.mimica at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 13:39:23 UTC 2011

Hi!

I am aware that Seaside is primary a server-side technology, but in
lack of any mature client side technology that would fit well with
seaside, I have to use Javascript generator that Seaside offers.
I am currently trying to integrate jQGrid to perform CRUD operations
in my application. I have started from what has already been done in
jQueryWidgetBox. It's just an attempt, to see where it leads to, but
I'm not very happy with it already. It needs to support all sorts of
custom editors, be flexible and extensible... Now the implementation
is spread across 5 classes with many selectors, which, you must admit,
use unreadable code to produce JS that is also unreadable in the
generated HTML. Hard to debug and follow.
If I would be typing JS by hand, that would be one day of work and
would produce a screen of readable and compact JS code.

The question is, am I missing something? Can this be done in a easier way?

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net