[Seaside] Re: OnClick on an "html select" not working for me in Seaside 3.0

squeakman squeakman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 13:32:00 UTC 2011

On 12/09/2011 2:35 AM, Jon Paynter wrote:
> This looks similar to some strangeness I saw.
> try putting the script first in your cascade like so:
>
> (html select)
>       id: 'passedList';
> onClick: ((html scriptaculous updater)
> id: 'foo';
> triggerFormElement: 'passedList';
> callback: [self openStock]);
> list: listToDisplay;
> selected: (listToDisplay at: 1).

I tried your suggestion to no avail but I did fix the problem. When I
looked more carefully at the error message I realized what it was
complaining about.  The fix is to add an arg to the callback block.

  callback: [:r | self openStock]);

I am pretty sure that in Seaside 2.8 the callback worked as a zero parm
block.

Thanks for you help, it got me on the right path.

Frank