[Seaside] Starting up Glass

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Tue Sep 13 17:15:35 UTC 2011

Charles,

First thing to do is to check /opt/gemstone/log/seaside.log for error messages ...

I tried starting up a fresh vm on my desktop I have the following error:

    GemStone is attaching the Shared Cache using Stone name: seaside

 The stone was unable to start a cache page server on host '<stone's host>'.
Reason:  The cache monitor connect failed.
  NetLDI service 'gs64ldi' not found on node 'glass':

If you are seeing this error, you can work around the problem by manually starting the stone services:

  sudo /etc/init.d/gemstone restart
  sudo /etc/init.d/topaz restart

Meanwhile I'll have the guys here at VMware take a look at the startup issues.

Dale