[Seaside] Re: VM runs out of memory loading package

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Tue Sep 13 21:08:16 UTC 2011

Ah, the instructions in the book are out-of-date ...

If you start at the top of the page[1], you will see the options you have for getting a latest GemTools image ...

The later versions of GemTools work pretty good with the older versions of GLASS ... especially if you are planning on upgrading (which is recommended)...

Right now I am working on the GLASS 1.0-beta.8.7 release and I'm taking this opportunity to check out the upgrade process for the appliance .... and I am finding a few things that need to be fixed .... soooo, you might consider hanging out for a day or so while I fix some of the more glaring issues (I am in the middle of doing my initial checkin of some appliance bugfixes right now)...

Dale

[1] http://code.google.com/p/glassdb/wiki/GettingStartedWithGLASS