[Seaside] Bye, bye Jtalk... Hello Amber!

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Wed Sep 14 09:30:55 UTC 2011

On 09/14/2011 11:19 AM, Davorin Rusevljan wrote:
> 2011/9/14 Göran Krampe<goran at krampe.se>:
>> We plan on doing some screencasts - but haven't had time yet.
>
> a brief tutorial how to arrange for simple dev enviroment without
> apache would be great.

Ok, here it is:

- Clone Amber from github

- Install Nodejs. Depends on your platform. I know that Linux and Mac is
easy, Win seems slightly more tricky - haven't tested. You need Node if
you want to use the command line compiler anyway.

- Start Nicolas Amber server written for Node instead of Apache yadda:

	cd amber
	./bin/server

Then surf to http://localhost:4000

That will bring you to the old "website" but you are in fact looking at
your own local git clone. Either press "Open browser" or use the two
links to open two other Amber setups.

Then commit will work.

regards, Göran