[Seaside] Seaside not loading css styles (but our fault)

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Fri Sep 23 08:34:21 UTC 2011

On 23 Sep 2011, at 10:05, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Thanks Sven. I am doing:
>
>    Gofer new squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository'; package:
> 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30'; load.
>                (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) project latestVersion
> load: #('Base Tests' 'Zinc-Seaside')
>
> And then what you say:
>
> (ZnZincServerAdaptor port: 4567)
>        codec: GRPharoUtf8Codec new
>        start.
>
> But then in the browser: http://localhost:4567/
>
> -> Error: you are forbidden to access "/"
>
> Any ideas?

It looks like the server is just not running, first try something simpler:

(ZnServer defaultOn: 1701)
	logToTranscript;
	start.

And look at the Transcript and the Process Browser. Stop with:

ZnServer stopDefault.

This is a way to enable Zn logging when using Seaside (you won't see the actual startup, but that's OK).

| adaptor |
(adaptor := ZnZincServerAdaptor port: 4567)
	codec: GRPharoUtf8Codec new;
     start.
adaptor server logToTranscript.
adaptor

Have a look at the Seaside Control Panel as well (it is in World Menu > Tools).

Good luck !

Sven