[Seaside] checkbox callbacks

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 17:39:34 UTC 2011

Yes, you serialize the form which means it involves both checkboxes. On your
scenario both callbacks should be triggered: the checked one with true, the
unchecked with false.

Btw, you do not need the IDs. For the AJAX just use (html jQuery ajax
serializeForm). You don't want to load anything into the checkbox.

Lukas

On Saturday, 24 September 2011, Alexander Lazarević <laza at blobworks.com>
wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm using something like the following in my code:
>
> renderContentOn: html
>        | id |
>        html form: [
>                id := html nextId.
>                html checkbox
>                        id: id;
>                        onChange: (html jQuery id: id) load serializeForm;
>                        value: self isChecked;
>                        callback: [:value | value inspect].
>                html text: 'Check me'.
>                id := html nextId.
>                html checkbox
>                        id: id;
>                        onChange: (html jQuery id: id) load serializeForm;
>                        value: self isChecked2;
>                        callback: [:value | value inspect].
>                html text: 'Check me 2'.
>        ]
>
> I'm surprised to see that both callbacks get triggered even if I only
> check one checkbox. Is this on purpose and expected? According to
> Metacello I'm using Seaside 3.0.6
>
> Alex

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch