[Seaside] inter component communication using AJAX

squeakman squeakman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 22:50:19 UTC 2011

Hello All,

I have a component "A" that contains two children components "B" and "C".

The code in B that looks like:
      html select .....
      onClick: (html scriptaculous updater id: 'C';
                callback: [:r | (r element id: 'C') hide])

clicking on an item in the select list in B causes C to be hidden.  This
works but it ties B to C.

Is there a way to do this without having B know about C?  I would like
to have the parent A do the hiding of C but I cannot figure out how to
do this.

Sorry if this is too cryptic, including all the code was just too messy.

Thanks,

Frank