[Seaside] [ANN] Seaside 3.0.7 release

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Wed Apr 4 07:42:44 UTC 2012

Sebastian,

On 04 Apr 2012, at 03:38, Sebastian Sastre wrote:

> I think I broke something about Zinc.
>
> the root answers the Zinc welcome but:
>
> localhost:8080/config
>
> answers Not Found
>
> I took a look to WADispatcher default and it has all the expected handlers but it seems zinc isn't delegating to it anymore and evaluating: WAConfigurationTool initialize (which is supposed to register the /config app in seaside doesn't help)
>
> any pointers?

That is why there are easy and hard ways to do the same ;-)

Seaside adaptors, the way they are managed and their interactions with an HTTP server are a bit hard to understand, so easily broken.

As for pointers: ZnServers work by using a delegate to handle requests. If you see the welcome page, that means that the server that you are talking to has a ZnDefaultServerDelegate instance as delegate. Normally, there should be a ZnSeasideServerAdaptorDelegate instance there (see ZnZincServerAdaptor>>#basicStart).

But you have to understand the interaction between WAServerAdaptor and WAServerManager too: the manager is in control.

HTH,

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe