[Seaside] Problems with WANoDuplicateUuidsTest and Magritte image

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 06:48:52 UTC 2012

Good catch!

Normally this test is run directly after Seaside is loaded [1], where
it passes. It seems to loop on 'Magritte-Seaside' though. Looks like
the ancestry there is somehow broken :-(

+philippe.marschall

I wonder why this test duplicates the (complicated) logic to traverse
package ancestries instead of using #topologicalAncestors or
#withBreadthFirstAncestry? These two methods would work, even on the
broken 'Magritte-Seaside'.

Lukas

[1]: http://jenkins.lukas-renggli.ch/view/Pipeline/job/Seaside%203.0/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/Seaside.Tests.Pharo.Development/WANoDuplicateUuidsTest/

On 16 April 2012 01:41, Martin Sandiford <ms at mcdev.com.au> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> If I download the latest Magritte 2 image from here:
> http://jenkins.lukas-renggli.ch/view/Pipeline/job/Magritte%202/ and
> run the WANoDuplicateUuidsTest, it runs forever.
>
> Well at least for an hour on my Mac before I gave up :)
>
> This doesn't happen with the Seaside 3.0.7 one-click or image, so it
> seems like something is happening while loading Magritte.
>
> Is this a known issue?
>
> Cheers,
> Martin
>
> P.S. Thanks for the awesome framework that Seaside is!

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch