[Seaside] file upload -- multiple?

David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Sun Apr 22 16:13:08 UTC 2012

On Apr 21, 2012, at 4:10 PM, blake wrote:

>> It does not :-(
>
> Well, damn. Is it a structural issue or something that I could maybe add?
>
> Javascript-wise, there is a JQuery component that does multiple uploads, here:
>
> http://blueimp.github.com/jQuery-File-Upload/
>
> --is it feasible to hook that up to a Seaside app?

Blake,

Out of curiosity I had a quick look at jQuery-File-Upload.  It wouldn't be a problem to hook this up to Seaside.  In addition it appears that with this plugin you can get around the multiple-file-per-request problem by specifying the data-sequential-uploads attribute to true making it upload in the same manner as Plupload.  That is, if the user selects multiple files they are automatically uploaded sequentially through multiple single-file uploads to the server.

David