[Seaside] Re: Testing a callback (no functional test)

Dav lasmiste at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 13:56:11 UTC 2012

Lukas Renggli wrote

> +1 for Philippe's answer.
>
> You do not want to test the Seaside callback mechanism, do you? This is
> already tested in functional and unit tests.
>
> Lukas

I see. The reason behind my thoughts is I'd like to reduce feedback of the
correctness of my code without waiting for an interaction with a browser or
a functional test.

Let's take another simple example from your book:

WebCounter>>renderContentOn: html
html heading: count.
html anchor
callback: [ self increase ];
with: '++'.

And let's suppose I already tested "increase" and "decrease".
Unfortunately by mistake, I change the code this way:

WebCounter>>renderContentOn: html
html heading: count.
html anchor
callback: [ self decrease ];
with: '++'.

I cannot realize the error until I run some functional tests. That's why I
prefer to have a warning of my mistakes early in my development flow.
Cheers
 Davide