[Seaside] How to convert a 1.4 Pharo Seaside image so that it will work with seasidehosting.st

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Wed Aug 1 18:21:13 UTC 2012

Mark,

On 01 Aug 2012, at 19:51, Mark Andrew <mark.andrew at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, I'm off to Amazon to get myself a microserver in the Elastic Compute Cloud. Wish me luck.

If you have basic Linux skills, that won't be a problem: an AWS EC2 micro instance can get you quite far for just $10 a month (first year is free). I am running multiple load balanced instances as described here:

	http://zn.stfx.eu/zn/index.html#livedemo

If you need help, just ask.

Sven

PS: the only downside of a micro instance is that it is CPU throttled (once you stress it 100% for more than a minute or so), not a problem for a normal load, but it shows up in benchmarks as quite a surprise.

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu