[Seaside] Re: [Metacello] What is the plan with Pharo changes?

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Sat Aug 4 00:16:05 UTC 2012

Mariano,

What I'd _like_ to do for Metacello and Pharo-2.0 is to make the changes against the MetacelloPreview release, which I'm managing on github.

The MetacelloPreview is aimed at an eventual 1.0 release of Metacello (hopefully in the fall).

I would _like_ Metacello-Base to be included in the Pharo-2.0 base image, the sooner the better and I'm poised to pull the trigger on that, but the recent changes have crippled FileTree ...

So until FileTree is functional again, I can't really do anything with Pharo-2.0...

Hacking Metacello to get it running on Pharo-2.0 doesn't help _me_ move forward.

It is likely that I will have to redo whatever hacks that are done to get it running on Pharo-2.0 to be compatible with the rest of platforms that I am supporting and doing it right takes a little more effort ...

So if you are just going to hack around to get things running on Pharo-2.0 I guess I would have to say that I don't care what you do, because the hacks don't make my job any easier.

Dale