[Seaside] Apache with Seaside and VW 7.8 nc

squeakman squeakman at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 17:59:01 UTC 2012

I am trying to get Seaside on VW 7.8 running behind Apache 2.22. I am
following the instruction in the seaside book (

I am running on Win 7 and here is my httpd-vhosts.conf

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>

     # set server name
     ProxyPreserveHost On
     ServerName localhost

     # configure static file serving
     DocumentRoot /seaside/web
     <Directory /seaside/web>
         Order deny,allow
         Allow from all

     # rewrite incoming requests
     RewriteEngine On
     RewriteCond /seaside/web%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://localhost:7777/seaside/$1 [proxy,last]

when I enter the "localhost/counter" as a url in Firefox I get the
following error message:

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this
address in a way that will never complete.

Any clues or pointers would be greatly appreciated.