[Seaside] Re: How to change callback for html select on the fly

squeakman squeakman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 16:53:16 UTC 2012

On 19/08/2012 10:24 AM, Bob Arning wrote:
> Why not just make the original callback sufficiently generic that it can
> cope with the change?
> html text: 'Choose Amount'.
>          (html select)
>          id: #prices;
>          callback: [:v | self doWhateverIsImportantNowWith: v];
>          list: #(30 50 60).
> Cheers,
> Bob

The problem with this proposed solution is that the list of choices #(30
50 60) does not change on the fly.  What I want is to change the list of
choices, the dropdown list, on the fly.

When the user exits the text field, depending on the contents of the
text field, the choices are modified.  In my code example, it switches
from #(30 50 60) to #(15 25).

I hope this further clarifies what I am trying to do.

I appreciate your feedback.