[Seaside] Re: Configuration of IIS in Amazon EC2 (Windows AMI)

Louis LaBrunda Lou at Keystone-Software.com
Wed Aug 22 14:48:51 UTC 2012

Hi Sabine,

>I succeeded in reducing my image for deployment and running it in Amazon
>EC2 (Windows AMI).
>Now I need some hints for configuring IIS.
>Has anyone a list of steps to do in IIS for Seaside/Pharo?

You should think about using Apache instead of IIS.  I'm no expert in
either but I was able to setup Apache for both Windows and Ubuntu in about
an hour.  It took three of us on and off for a month to set up IIS and I
have to modify Seaside (VA Smalltalk) base code to get it to work right.

I wanted IIS/Apache to handle most of the file downloads and not have them
come from Seaside.  This took some rewrite rules that were very easy with
Apache and almost impossible with IIS (this was 2 years ago so maybe it is
better now but I wouldn't hold my breath).

Lou